Kris Bryant tops Most Popular Player Jersey List
Friday, April 21, 2017
MLB Most Popular Player Jerseys
Based on sales from MLBShop.com of Majestic jerseys since Culmination of 2016 World Series
1. Kris Bryant, Chicago Cubs
2. Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
3. Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
4. Javier Báez, Chicago Cubs
5. Kyle Schwarber, Chicago Cubs
6. Noah Syndergaard, New York Mets
7. Corey Seager, Los Angeles Dodgers
8. Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
9. Gary Sánchez, New York Yankees
10. Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
11. Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
12. Madison Bumgarner, San Francisco Giants
13. Yoenis Céspedes, New York Mets
14. Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox
15. Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals
16. Francisco Lindor, Cleveland Indians
17. Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves
18. Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox
19. Jose Altuve, Houston Astros
20. Josh Donaldson, Toronto Blue Jays
Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant, coming off the historic 2016 World Series championship, possesses the most popular player jersey in MLB. In addition, the reigning NL MVP has the most popular jersey since the start of the 2015 season, his rookie year. The list is based on sales of Majestic jerseys from MLBShop.com, the official online shop of Major League Baseball, since the end of the 2016 World Series.
Following Bryant on the list, released jointly today by Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association, is his Cubs teammate, first baseman Anthony Rizzo. The World Series champions also round out the top five with infielder Javier Báez at no. 4 and left fielder Kyle Schwarber at no. 5. Clayton Kershaw, the Los Angeles Dodgers perennial All-Star pitcher, ranks third.
The average age of players on this list is 26-and-a-half – more than 1.5 years younger than any previous list’s mean age. Bryant, Báez and Schwarber are three of 10 players who made this list aged 25 years or younger, while Báez and Schwarber are two of six new faces cracking the top 20. Also making their debuts on the most popular player jersey list are Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Corey Seager (#7), New York Yankees catcher Gary Sánchez (#9), Boston Red Sox right fielder Mookie Betts (#14) and Cleveland Indians shortstop Francisco Lindor (#16).
Five-time All-Star Mike Trout (#10) of the Los Angeles Angels has now appeared in every one of these rankings since his professional debut. Players representing 14 different Clubs make up the top 20 most popular player jerseys, which includes nine infielders, five outfielders, three catchers and three pitchers.