Web Application Developer
Reporting to the IT Director, the Web Application Developer is responsible for the design, development, documentation, and maintenance of web applications including client and server-side components. This position must be comfortable working within all layers of the MLBPA’s web-based products including IIS, SharePoint, vendor packages, and custom developed solutions. This position includes maintenance and modification of existing web-based applications as well as new development. The Web Application Developer will maintain and build customized web applications to enhance operations and interaction with staff and Players.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Web Application Developer will be responsible for, among other assignments identified by the IT Director or the COO, the following:
- Analyze user needs to determine and develop content criteria. Assist with road mapping new projects to establish priority and timeline.
- Design, build, maintain, and write code for new and existing web applications using programming languages.
- Evaluate and test code regularly to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or through user feedback, and correct problems. Escalate problems when necessary.
- Communicate with internal IT teams or web hosting vendors to address hardware or software issues affecting web applications.
- Develop databases to ensure they properly support web applications.
- Document technical factors such as server load, bandwidth, database performance as well as browser and device types.
- Maintain understanding of current web technologies and programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Identify, recommend, and implement performance improvements to enhance web systems. Ability to write clear, consistent, simple code to use APIs and web services
- Familiarity with responsive design principles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Visual Studio, version control systems, and other development tools
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with other departments and vendors
- Ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to tight schedules
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with SQL and IIS Web services
- Demonstrated ability to operate without direct supervision and under deadlines
- Familiarity with the business of baseball and the key economic issues impacting the game and Players.
- SharePoint development is preferred
Benefits: The Web Application Developer will be entitled to all benefits provided to full-time staff, as set forth in the Association’s Employee Handbook.
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter to - email@example.com